The toxicology work of the practice has included evaluation of cases involving:
- The development of asthma
- Reactive Airways Disorder Syndrome
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Various organ failures e.g kidney
- The environmental effects on people living in areas near the ends of the Dublin Port Tunnel.
The activity of the practice is scientific work for private clients, which is presented in the form of confidential written reports presented directly to the client.
The types of clients include:
- Hospitals and Insurers of Hospitals
- Industrial Clients which use substances and their Insurers
- Agricultural and miscellaneous clients and their insurers
- Manufacturers, distributors and suppliers of substances
- Manufacturers, distributors and suppliers of medical devices
- Individuals who have suffered ill effects which may have been due to exposure to substances.
The types of Toxicology work for the clients include:
- Physical inspection of materials and facilities
- Site sampling and testing
- Commissioning and evaluating the results of analysis laboratory work
- Desk research
- Reviews of the scientific literature
- Preparation of reports
- Giving evidence in the courts of law as an Expert Witness
- Regulatory Toxicology and evaluation of compliance with requirements.